Monday, April 29, 2013

Sh!t or get off the pot!

So it happened, I started struggling with the healthy eating side of this.  The struggle didn’t happen as soon as it usually does, but it did happen.  That is usually the point in which I give up and go back to how I ate before.  I’d love to tell you I didn’t stray, but I can’t do that.  I indulged in some yummy cheese pizza I made for the kids, as well as some of my husband’s birthday cake.  I felt bad, but then decided I didn’t feel bad at all.  It felt really good to eat that pizza and cake!  So here I was, faced with the decision… (as my mom used to say) “Sh!t, or get off the pot!”.  In my head, I was thinking “for the love of all that is holy, can I not even do 24 days?!  I mean I don’t HAVE to do anything I don’t WANT to do, right?  Nobody can tell me what I can and cannot eat”.  True, but I really took time to think about it before making my typical decision.  I needed to remember how sluggish and miserable I felt the majority of the time when I was eating whatever I wanted.  I strayed…I admitted it and my coach understood and let me have that slip up.  I know that the few slips I’ve had will have an impact on my final 24 Day Challenge results, but you know what, I’m ok with that.  I’m still down 12 lbs and have reverted back to my healthy eating plan.  I haven’t given up after my slip up.  I’m human!  If this is a true life style change for me, then I have to learn to live with life’s slip ups.  I have to find a healthy balance and a balance that will work for me long term.  That’s what the weeks/months following my challenge will involve… learning what works and doesn’t work for me to get to my goal of being healthy.  I’m not perfect, I will occasionally have my cake and eat it too!  It just won’t be a huge piece J

No comments:

Post a Comment