Monday, April 15, 2013

Wait...what does that scale say?! YES!!!

1 week into my AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge and as of this morning I have lost 10 pounds!! I admit I was groggy this morning when I got on the scale, so I had to do a "step off and repeat" move to be sure my eyes were functioning right. I'm aware this is my first week and that the first week generally produces more weight loss, but my joy comes from knowing I have completed the first week with success!! So how was my first week? Day 2 was probably the toughest. I was hungry and had a headache most of the day. My AdvoCare coach (who happens to be a good friend) was right there to help me figure out why. Turns out I wasn't getting enough water. That's an easy thing to fix, so I made a concious effort to increase my water consumption and the rest of the week was much easier! I have to say, having someone I know be my coach has been a really nice perk to this program. She knows me personally and knows how I've struggled with my weight and health. Having someone like that to coach me is priceless! I made a point to plan my meals/snacks so that all day long I knew what I was going to eat that day. This helped me not only stay on track, but it helped me to not even think about cravings. I knew exactly what was ahead for the day, so I never had to think "hmmm...what sounds good to eat". What's even more strange for me is that I haven't had any cravings. That's something that hasn't happened before. This fresh/healthy food actually tastes good! I've been having fun experimenting with different ways of cooking. There were some failures in the experimenting, but hey - you have to learn somehow, right? The pounds lost have really motivated me, but knowing I'm doing it in a healthy way is the most rewarding part. I told my husband a few days ago that I just feel cleaner. There's no other way for me to explain it. Eating all that greasy and processed food just had me feeling like a slug. My body is getting rid of those toxins and now I can start absorbing the nutrients that I'm eating and benefiting from those nutrients. Some of those benefits are more energy and a better mood. An even bigger benefit is having my oldest daughter ask me if she can have an apple and peanut butter for a snack too. We lead by example and at this age, my kids are sponges. I'm so proud of myself for sticking with this. I've tried many weight loss programs before, but usually stopped 3 days in - or might have made it to a full week. This is because my focus was on losing weight. This time, my focus is on my health. That simple change in my mentality has done WONDERS for me. I know to get to a healthy weight will take time, and I'm committed to putting in the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment